A Proofreader/Editor for the UK Market is needed on the Hooray Heroes team!
About us and our adventures
Hooray Studios, Inc. is looking for new talents to reinforce our team. As an online publisher creating personalized children's books all over the world, we encounter new challenges on a daily basis. We work hard but we also play hard!
We're looking for employees with vast knowledge in their area of expertise who are willing to accept and adapt to new challenges on a daily basis. We can’t wait to see what tips and tricks they bring to our team!
A bit more about us and our mission
We’ve advanced our production of personalized children’s books to the point where we can now produce thousands of them on a daily basis across several different markets. Our ever-growing base of existing and future readers presents our whole team with opportunities and challenges to keep us on our toes.
Are we a perfect fit?
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
Hooray Heroes is a company dedicated to putting smiles on children’s faces all over the world with our amazing personalized books created just for them in which they’re the heroes of the stories! To help us accomplish this mission, our growing, dynamic team is currently looking for an editor/proofreader to adapt our books and website for the UK market. This applies to all books currently available in the US as well as those yet-to-be released.
This qualified person will be responsible for adapting and proofreading our current selection of books, our website and both existing and forthcoming marketing materials from American to British English. This applies not only to spelling and grammar, but also to themes connected with British culture. The candidate must demonstrate proficient knowledge (C2) of British English and be interested in and engaged with UK culture. Familiarity with children’s literature is a further advantage.
- Adapting and proofreading both currently available and forthcoming books for the UK market
- Adapting and proofreading our website for the UK market
- Adapting and proofreading existing and forthcoming marketing materials for the UK market
- Assisting in communications with business partners
- Assisting in matters concerning British English among the team
- Proficient knowledge of British English: certified C2-level user or native speaker
- Excellent English writing and editing skills
- Thorough familiarity with British culture
- Familiarity with children’s literature is an advantage
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
WHAT PERSONALITY YOU HAVE
- You are cooperative and enthusiastic to work with a dynamic, international team
- You like to solve problems and are unfazed by challenges
- You are eager to help bring the best personalized books possible to young readers and their parents across the UK
Do you think you have what it takes to become one of our heroes? Please send us your CV and a motivational letter in English and we will get in touch soon!
Join us in our land far, far, far away
Anyone interested in joining a diverse, creative team of problem solvers is invited to apply. We support individual success and growth to make our team truly unstoppable.
Why become a hooray hero?
- We’re a young company and have already sold thousands of books on six different markets.
- We achieved 1100% growth in 2018, and with the right team we believe we can surpass even this in the coming years.
- We develop, produce and market our books ourselves and through our established partnerships.
You can send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.