A English-to-Latin American-Spanish (USA Specific) Translator is needed on the Hooray Heroes team!
About us and our adventures
Hooray Studios, Inc. is looking for new talents to reinforce our team. As an online publisher creating personalized children's books all over the world, we encounter new challenges on a daily basis. We work hard but we also play hard!
We're looking for employees with vast knowledge in their area of expertise who are willing to accept and adapt to new challenges on a daily basis. We can’t wait to see what tips and tricks they bring to our team!
A bit more about us and our mission
We’ve advanced our production of personalized children’s books to the point where we can now produce thousands of them on a daily basis across several different markets. Our ever-growing base of existing and future readers presents our whole team with opportunities and challenges to keep us on our toes.
Are we a perfect fit?
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
Hooray Heroes is a company dedicated to putting smiles on children’s faces all over the world with our amazing personalized books created just for them in which they’re the heroes of the stories! To help us accomplish this mission, our growing, dynamic team is currently looking for an English-to-Latin American-Spanish (USA Specific) Translator.
We’re looking for a native Spanish speaker to translate children's literature from American English to Spanish with an emphasis on Spanish spoken by the Hispanic diaspora in the USA.
- translating various types of prose and verse literature from English into USA-Specific Spanish,
- correcting, adapting, and adjusting texts according to directions from the editing team and the company's literary style.
- US Spanish language proficient (preferably native speaker),
- thorough knowledge of English language (other languages are a plus),
- knowledge of literature and languages,
- awareness of cultural and other features of the target language and demographic,
- being able to adapt your translation style to various genres,
- on the pulse of Hispanic-American culture (also children’s customs, habits, norms) and applying this know-how into texts where needed,
- creative thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, inventiveness,
- having experience with children’s literature (poetry and prose) is an advantage,
- extreme attention to detail, being able to multitask (multiple projects at once), work efficiently under pressure, and can handle short deadlines,
- self- initiative to make suggestions for content improvements so the texts are in complete compliance with the country’s target market.
WHAT PERSONALITY YOU HAVE
- you are naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions,
- you like to solve problems and are unfazed by challenges,
- you keep calm, even under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- contract work,
- competitive pay,
- regular feedback and support,
- support to develop your skills and grow professionally and personally.
Do you think you have what it takes to become one of our heroes? Please send us your CV and a motivational letter in English and we will get in touch soon!
Join us in our land far, far, far away
Anyone interested in joining a diverse, creative team of problem solvers is invited to apply. We support individual success and growth to make our team truly unstoppable.
Why become a hooray hero?
- We’re a young company and have already sold thousands of books on six different markets.
- We achieved 1100% growth in 2018, and with the right team we believe we can surpass even this in the coming years.
- We develop, produce and market our books ourselves and through our established partnerships.
You can send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.